Sunday, April 1, 2007

Self Talk


I am a child of God. I am valuable. I will get better. I can make it. I am not a failure. God loves me. I will take better care of myself. I can learn new skills. I have a lot to offer. What other people think of me doesn't matter. What God thinks of me does. Life is worth living. I make mistakes, I am not a mistake. There are people who need what only I can offer. I can relax. I can let go of this. I have nothing to prove. I am totally forgiven. I will never take my own life. I accept who I am. I am deeply loved. I am at peace. I will succeed. I forgive myself. I accept Gods' grace and today I will rest in Him. I will make better choices. I don't have to be perfect. I am making progress. I am learning, growing and healing. I will meet my responsibilities, and take responsibility for my behavior. I am not a victim. I accept that life is not fair. I have come too far in my progress to go backward. I will discern who is trustworthy. What other people think of me is none of my business. I celebrate who I am. I will control myself, not other people. I find freedom in service, victory in surrender and new life in the death of the old, self-destructive me.
For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Favorite Authors

  • Anne Lamott
  • Bill Bryson
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Mitch Albom
  • Neil Gaiman
  • Philip Yancy
  • Stephen Ambrose