Monday, July 9, 2007

Gaps 2

I'm taking a reluctant look at the gaps in my life. A gap is the distance between what is and what ought to be. One such gap is the amount of time between the latest crisis/problem/really bad thing and the point at which I finally realize that God can handle it. A big problem will arise and I very maturely freak out. I have yet to meet a mole hill in which I didn't see mountain potential.

Wouldn't it be cool if my first response to a problem was, "Lord, You know this is bigger than me. But it's not bigger than You. You've brought me through much worse situations. You were not surprised by this. You allowed it for a reason. I get a front row seat to see You do another miracle! In my weakness You are strong. I can do all things through You who strengthens me."

Wouldn't that be cool? I'm not there. But I see another gap to narrow.

No comments:

Favorite Authors

  • Anne Lamott
  • Bill Bryson
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Mitch Albom
  • Neil Gaiman
  • Philip Yancy
  • Stephen Ambrose